Welcome to the Lamping Elementary School website. It is a tremendous honor to serve the Lamping Community as Principal for the past twelve years. I love seeing this great community and treasure the relationships with the staff, parents, and students. Lamping is a special place. I am overjoyed to be in the position to positively impact the lives of students and teachers.
My vision for Lamping is to continue to build an ideal school environment where students feel safe, comfortable, challenged, and engaged in class (whether it is in person or online). Students and staff will celebrate core values and each other. Teachers will feel supported in their teaching and inspired to try new things. Teaching and assessments will be standards-based, instruction will be data-driven, and collaboration will be purposeful.
Our school campus will stay impeccably clean and beautiful, parents will be involved in school activities and classrooms, and teachers and parents will work collaboratively to support their students. I will be in the classroom (or in Googleland) “where the action is” to support the teachers, students, and to assess the needs of the school, and of course, where students will achieve academically at high levels. My goal is that together we can make all these characteristics of an ideal school happen successfully again at Lamping this year. Only together is this possible. I thank you for taking on this challenge with me to benefit and support your child and his/her experience at Lamping
You are your child’s first and best teacher in the following skill areas necessary for them to access academic teaching. These are also skills that will help them be successful throughout life.
• The value of wanting to learn what is being taught
• The self-discipline to practice it over and over again to know it
• The guidance to always do their best work
• The attitude that if at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again
• The belief that their education is a priority in their life
• Being organized and neat in their work
• Being a responsible worker
Also, values and character are best taught by parents. The school’s role is to reinforce the values, character, and work ethic that children learn and develop at home. Research shows that the most important variable in a child’s success in school is the parents’ involvement in their child’s education. The following are some ways to be involved in your child’s education:
• Talk with your child everyday about specifics of what is going on at school.
• Discuss the completed work the child has brought home.
• Check homework/classwork after it is complete.
• Be available to assist with homework and classwork, as necessary.
• Set high standards for the work that is performed.
• Guide the development of good study skills.
• Stay in touch with the classroom teacher by Remind, Dojo, email, or phone.
• Communicate high expectations to your child.
• Communicate your confidence and pride to your child every day.
• Proudly display and share your child’s work and progress with friends and relatives.
• Attend and participate in school activities as much as possible (once Covid-19 pandemic is over).
• Attend parent conferences online.
• Volunteer in one of our many programs or classrooms if your schedule allows (not available currently).
• Keep in close contact with the teacher and communicate, communicate, communicate!
• Let us know how we can best meet the needs of your child.
Thank you to the Lamping PTA who usually plan our yearly community events, school assemblies, and fundraisers. This year is going to look different, but we will make the best of it for our students and try to create similar events virtually. Stay tuned! I encourage every parent to become involved in the PTA as it will be one of the best ways to connect with the Lamping community.
Here is to an AWESOME and SUCCESSFUL year TOGETHER!
Let’s go LIGHTNING BOLTS!!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at principal@LampingElementary.com, or by phone, 702-799-1330
Committed to Excellence,
Assistant Principal's Welcome
I am so excited to be a part of the Lamping community as the newly appointed assistant principal! I am eager to work alongside the staff, students, and families to ensure that each child receives the best educational experiences possible. As we begin working together, I look forward to getting to know the families that make up this community and determining ways I can best serve you. I believe that schools and families must work together as a team, and I will do all I can to assist in that process.
My name is Angie Niemann, and I come to you with over 18 years of teaching experience. I have taught 3rd, 5th, and 2nd grades and kindergarten through 5th grades as a PE teacher. I have a master’s degree from the University of Nevada Las Vegas in Educational Policy and Leadership along with a master’s degree from Lesley University in Technology in Education.
On a personal level, I enjoy spending time with my family. My husband is an x-ray technologist, and we have been married for 13 years. Our daughter, Quinn, is six years old and will also be joining the Lamping community as a 1st grader. We love to travel, hike, and take our boat out on Lake Mead.
I cannot express how excited and honored I am to join this amazing community and ensure our students grow and achieve. I look forward to meeting and working with all of you. Let’s have a great year!
Campus Opens: 6:30 AM
Campus Opens: 7:40 AM
Classes Starts: 7:53 AM
1st Lunch: 10:45-11:20 AM
2nd Lunch: 11:15-11:50 AM
Student Dismissal: 2:11 PM
Infinite Campus Link
Telephone: (702) 799-1330